Friday 20 April 2012

Singapore's Lee Hsien Loong Joins Facebook

Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has set up his own Facebook page to reach out to netizens today in the afternoon.
In his first post on his page, PM Lee wrote social media has changed the way we connect with each other and he was encouraged to set up his own Facebook page by his colleagues:

“Many of my colleagues have been using social media, including Facebook. They have encouraged me to start my own Facebook page. Having watched them, I have decided to join the fun.”
He added he will use the page to share with Singaporeans some of the things he is looking and thinking about and he would also like to hear from us:

“I hope you will find my Facebook page interesting. I will use it to talk about some of the things I am doing, and thinking about, but I would also like to hear from you. Let’s use this page to help shape ideas and understanding of what we can do together to improve our lives.”

PM Lee also has a Facebook fan page maintained by PAP members. This new Facebook page will be maintained personally by himself and his staff. He added that he will try to post as often as he can and he will sign off his own posts with the initials ‘LHL’:

“As a Facebook newbie, I would appreciate your advice, suggestions and, most of all, your patience. My staff will help me maintain this page, but I will try to post as often as I can myself. I will sign off my own posts with the initials “LHL”. If you wish to write in Malay, Chinese or Tamil, please feel free to do so.”

His page has garnered more than 1,000 ‘likes’ and 100 comments so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark